Program Coordinator Job Description July 2020
Time Requirement: Full time 40 hours per week, Immediate opening.
Job description: The Program Coordinator will work with the Executive Director and perform programmatic education and advocacy activities as well as outreach and community education workshops, referrals, accompaniment and reporting. The position is based in Chicago and will support outreach to the immigrant communities throughout Northern Illinois. Due to Covid-19 work is expected to be done virtually and taking the precautions to protect and provide safety above all.
- Fluent in English and Spanish.
- Familiarity with Google Apps and Cloud-based storage and sharing.
- Passionate about immigrants’ rights and the vision and mission of JFON
- Job responsibilities:
- Recruit, train and coordinate leadership who will conduct outreach, give immigrant education trainings, coordinate citizenship classes and connect immigrants to legal support services as well as related advocacy.
- Coordinate all education efforts of the public: provide workshops and trainings in churches, schools, community colleges, community centers, libraries, place of work and other community spaces.
- Make follow up calls to community members and respond to all communications related to the program.
- Coordinate referral and accompaniment process
- Communicate regularly with all leadership and volunteers; serve as point of contact.
- Prepare all outreach and presentation materials for presentations
- Maintain complete and accurate records of all calls, contacts, referrals, and all data for reporting purposes.
- Manage all record keeping and reporting through salesforce software on a monthly basis and prepare all monthly reports.
- Assist with volunteer recruitment for presentations and workshops throughout Northern IL.
- Link community members to key service providers: community-based organizations, faith networks, legal clinics, mental health providers and consulates.
- Respond to all phone or email contacts within 48 hours of receiving.
- Confirm all scheduled trainings, and accompaniments with leadership.
Salary: Compensation based on experience, benefits package that includes health insurance.
Location: 77 W. Washington St. Suite 1820, Chicago IL 60602
Organization: Our vision is a world where immigrants, refugees, and other migrant populations are welcomed, supported and able to live without fear. We work toward our vision by fulfilling our mission to offer free, high quality immigration legal services; engage congregations and communities in education and advocacy; and build cross-cultural community. NIJFON serves immigrant communities throughout Northern IL, our office is located at 77 W. Washington St. in Chicago.
Begun in 2011, based on the model of National Justice for Our Neighbors, Northern Illinois JFON has flourished since inception, and we are seeking a Program Coordinator to continue to provide the highest quality of service to our clients and to work on education and advocacy efforts while we increase our capacity to meet the growing need for our services.
Application: Submit Cover Letter, Resume and 2 References to the Personnel Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org