Northern Illinois Justice For Our Neighbors (NIJFON) provides free high-quality legal services to low-income immigrants, engages in education and advocacy efforts and builds cross-cultural relationships.
In addition to legal services provided by skilled attorneys at clinics across Northern Illinois, staff and volunteers provide hospitality and needed childcare, assist with requisite paperwork and offer a free legal consultation for every immigrant who comes to the clinic.
Rooted in the United Methodist Church and moved by our faith to welcome immigrants, we are a non-profit organization that welcomes people of all background and faiths.
Services NIJFON provides:
- Family-based petitions
- Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA)
- U-Visa (for victims of crimes)
- T-Visa (for victims of trafficking)
- Removal defense
- Asylum, withholding of removal
- Temporary Protected Status (TPS)
- Adjustment of Status
- Naturalization and Citizenship
- Violence Against Women Act protection (VAWA)
- Religious Worker Visas
- Special Immigrant Juvenile Status
Please note: NIJFON is not able to take employment-based visa cases in which a company sets aside a position and pays for the visa application for their worker.
To learn more about our parent organization, the national Justice for Our Neighbors, visit njfon.org.