We offer free, high-quality legal services provided by skilled attorneys at clinics across Northern Illinois, staff and volunteers provide hospitality and needed childcare, assist with requisite paperwork and offer a free legal consultation for every immigrant who comes to the clinic.
Services NIJFON provides:
- Family-based petitions
- Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA)
- U-Visa (for victims of crimes)
- T-Visa (for victims of trafficking)
- Removal defense
- Asylum, withholding of removal
- Temporary Protected Status (TPS)
- Adjustment of Status
- Naturalization and Citizenship
- Violence Against Women Act protection (VAWA)
- Religious Worker Visas
- Special Immigrant Juvenile Status
Our services are provided regardless of race or religion. Please note NIJFON is not able to take employment-based visa cases in which a company sets aside a position and pays for the visa application for their worker.
What to expect on a typical clinic day at NIJFON