Location: Northern Illinois
Northern Illinois Justice for Our Neighbors (NIJFON) welcomes immigrants into our communities by providing free, high-quality immigration legal services, education, and advocacy. We are an independent non-profit 501c3 organization that started in 2011 with strong connections to the Northern Illinois Conference of the United Methodist Church and a national network of Justice for Our Neighbors.
The Justice for Our Neighbors Ministry program, founded in 1999 by the United Methodist Committee on Relief, has served thousands of immigrants throughout the United States. We represent low-income immigrants throughout Northern Illinois, currently operating clinics in Aurora, Rockford, Chicago, Buffalo Grove and Crystal Lake. In addition to legal services provided by skilled attorneys, staff and volunteers at NIJFON advocate for immigration reform that reflects our shared values of fairness and equality. We take every opportunity to educate our communities about immigration issues and laws. We strive to keep families together, and to provide our immigrant neighbors with hospitality, compassion, and respect. Please see our website nijfon.org.
Development and Fundraising Consultant position:
The Development and Fundraising Consultant partners with NIJFON’s Executive Director to develop and implement development and fundraising and efforts. The Consultant is responsible for implementing development efforts such as the individual and sustaining donor campaigns through strategic events and the annual appeal. The Consultant is also responsible for leading strategic fundraising campaigns, in collaboration with the Executive Director, to advance NIJFON’s vision and engage donors.
- Support the creation and implementation of NIJFON’s fundraising events, annual appeals, sustaining donors, and individual appeals, and social media.
- Expand individual and sustaining (monthly) donor base; develop and lead major donor campaign, including development and implementation of individualized cultivation plans.
- Pursue opportunities to improve donor experience with NIJFON, including donor recognition
- Lead the planning and execution of NIJFON’s key fundraising events with the goal of maximizing the event experience, participation, and fundraising objectives. This includes working with the development committee and the board to meet fundraising targets, engaging community volunteers, and organizing and producing online/virtual fundraising efforts.
- Technical skills and knowledge on how to produce virtual and in person events.
- Support with donor database (Network for Good) and ensuring gifts are recognized in a meaningful, timely manner.
- Grow and develop current events strategy and relationships with churches and businesses.
- Liaise with NIJFON’s Development committee and Board regarding fundraising efforts.
- Plan organization’s fundraising methods and efforts in a way to create a foundation for NIJFON.
- Coordinate communications strategy with an emphasis on social media
- Design brand assets and content, ensuring consistent brand and marketing messaging across organization. Responsible for material design, communication assets, and story archive.
- Develop calendar for monthly e-blasts and develop and distribute e-blasts. Develop and facilitate NIJFON events.
Education, Experience, Qualifications:
- Minimum 3-5 years of fundraising experience, particularly in individual donor cultivation, ideally in grassroots, social justice organizations.
- Ability to persuasively articulate passion for NIJFON’s mission and values.
- Excellent computer skills. Expertise/experience in MS Word and Excel. Experience with mail merge and Network for Good database or similar CRM databases.
- Technical skills: knowledge of how to produce online events.
- Knowledge/experience of graphic design and website/social media administration.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with the ability to write clearly and persuasively.
- Demonstrated ability to create and implement complex plans; follow-through.
- Skilled at building relationships; strong interpersonal skills.
- Commitment to racial equity and social justice. Spanish speaker a plus.
Position requires 15 hours per week. Compensation will be based on experience.
Application: Submit Cover Letter, Resume and 2 References to the Personnel Committee at email@example.com